GEORGIA MARTIAL ARTS & SELF DEFENSE
Welcome to Our School
Georgia Martial Arts & Self Defense is a Family owned and operated martial arts & fitness academy. Originally founded in 1981, we have always focused on helping students meet their personal goals in a multitude of areas including martial arts, self-defense, physical fitness, and personal growth. We strive to create a family environment that is safe and non-threatening while always focusing on helping our students meet their personal goals.
WHAT WE OFFER
-To Our Students & Future Students
We are officially open with guidelines to keep a safe workout environment.
1) Parents will drop off kids - no parents are allowed to watch classes inside the facility. Thus, the parking spaces directly in front of the dojo will be only for drop off and pick up. Please do NOT drop your child off earlier than 10 minutes prior to class time.
2) Mats will be disinfected between each class. To allow time for cleaning, the 4:30, 5:30 and 6:30 classes will end at 5:15, 6:15, and 7:15. Bathrooms, door handles and benches will be cleaned throughout the day.
3) All students should bring their own water bottles. The water fountains will not be available.
4) All students should bring slides/sandals. No bare feet will be allowed on the concrete floors or bathrooms. Do not walk into the dojo with bare feet.
5) Class sizes are being limited to allow us to keep proper distances. To help ensure distances, we have marked off our floor space and students will be assigned an area to train in during class.
The biggest change will be NO PHYSICAL CONTACT with each other during classes. Thus, each Martial Class will focus on NON CONTACT training for the near future. Hopefully, this will be short term, but in the interim, we have to follow the Governor's guidelines.
Please Check our Facebook Page: Georgia Martial Arts & Self Defense for updates.
- Kids Martial Arts Summer Camp 2020, For more details and to register, please click the link below.
Sign up for Updates
Outstanding instructors, great group of students.
GAMASD is a real Martial Arts family with high-level instructors that welcome all!
Great dojo! Very knowledgeable and friendly instructors and students. Everyone is more than happy to share tips and techniques to help you out and become better. Recommended.
Great program and staff. We tried this as we had heard good things. They have several programs, times, and age groups. The owner even gave us a recommended time for the best teacher student ratio.
You can’t find any better BJJ instruction in the world, great clean environment, and they are super friendly.
One of the best total martial arts schools in the area. Aikido, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Kendo, Judo, and Karate. Great instructors with a combined wealth of knowledge! Master Shawn Forristall is probably the nicest yet deadliest guy walking! Professor Ian McPherson is an absolute tactician in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu! Tagged Gracie Magazine’s one to watch!
Ian McPherson is a legend in Atlanta Jiu Jitsu! If you want to learn some awesome leg locks and solid jiu jitsu, training with him is a must. The instructors at this gym are top notch and everyone there is super inviting and great to train with.
Great instruction and has a very welcoming environment. I would easily train there again during my next visit. I highly recommend.
Outstanding staff and members! Regardless of your age or ability you will be made to feel welcome . Lots of choices of programs and run with real integrity. Have been part of this dojo for 7 years – and as a 57 year old woman, have never felt stronger
These training programs are the best in the state. The coaches are great, patient and supportive. Great job!
I enjoyed training with the coach greatly. Thank you for the amazing opportunity and awesome experience.
My kids love your school. Professional and individual approach is key in this job. So, thank you a lot.